Pinecone Research is a trusted leader in the survey panel industry. They are owned and operated by the market research company Nielsen, whose operations are headquartered in New York. Pinecone Research is focused on improving the quality of tomorrow’s products through collecting international research.
How to Join Pinecone Research
Because Pinecone Research is an invitation-only survey panel, potential new members must be invited by other members to join, or they must find a join link posted on a website. SurveyPolice currently offers Pinecone Research signup links for Americans, Canadians, and people living in the UK: » Join Pinecone Research here.
If you’d like to learn more about how to sign up for Pinecone Research, including tips on joining and why there are membership restrictions in place to begin with, check out our article on how to find an invitation to join Pinecone Research.
Reward Types and Amounts
For each survey taken, Pinecone Research awards its members a minimum of 300 points. This equates to $3.00 USD for every survey completed. Canadians typically earn $3.00 CAD per survey, while Britons earn £3 per survey completion. There are a variety of options that accumulated points can be used towards.
- PayPal – A minimum $3.00 balance is required. PayPal payments are processed within 3-5 business days without any extra fees.
- Check – You may request a check after taking one survey or when you have accumulated $3.00. You can choose payment denominations of $3, $5, or $15, Processing takes 3-5 business days after which the check is mailed. Bear in mind that checks sent by mail have longer wait times than PayPal.
- Amazon e-Cards – You can choose to receive an Amazon gift card with your collected points. The e-card will be sent directly to your email account.
- Catalog and Gift Cards – Pinecone Research offers an extensive catalog of gift cards and merchandise options. Some of the gift card options include Starbucks, iTunes, Walmart gift cards, as well as many others.
- Prepaid Virtual Visas – If stated up front, some Visas are only available to US residents and residents of US territories and can only be used in the United States.
Earn your First Check Automatically
Once you complete your first survey, which is always rewarded with a minimum of 300 points, Pinecone Research will automatically send you a check for $3.00 to the mailing address on your profile. This is a security measure to establish your profile and account. After your first check, you will have the option to choose the form in which you would like to receive your future rewards.
Interesting online surveys are e-mailed to members, and are on a variety of different topics. Surveys usually take about 15 to 20 minutes of your time to complete. Pinecone may also send its members very short questionnaires that take about 2 – 5 minutes to fill out, and although these questionnaires are not compensated, they are still important in making a difference.
Product Testing Opportunities
Occasionally, Pinecone may mail out products for their members to test from home. These may be physical products, or food items that may come delivered in a cooler. A follow-up survey is usually provided as part of the product test, which typically pays around $3. These opportunities are highly sought after, as you may receive free food (or a product that you might be able to keep), as well as a paid follow up survey!